About the Congress
ICC-CIM's mission is to advance the fields of integrative and complementary medicine through the dissemination of cutting edge clinical care with a strong evidence base, to foster the development of new collaborations and to strengthen existing partnerships. This Congress will showcase clinical care pathways and healthcare models through keynote and plenary sessions, oral and poster presentations, and innovative sessions including hands-on workshops. Areas of Integrative Medicine presented and discussed at the Congress will include juried clinical case reports, lifestyle and prevention strategies, interprofessional joint presentations and integrative clinical care models. The Consortium is committed to making this meeting an international focal point for this wealth of talent and resources.
This Congress enhances the conference portfolio of the Consortium by providing a forum for scientifically rigorous clinical information. It builds upon the momentum of the successful 2012 International Research Congress on Integrative Medicine and Health (IRCIMH) in Portland, which had over 1000 attendees representing 35 countries, as well as the 2012 International Congress for Educators in Complementary and Integrative Medicine (ICE-CIM), which hosted over 300 participants from a broad array of healing disciplines. Organizations with common missions have been invited to participate in a meaningful way by having a delegate to the Program Committee, which has primary responsibility for designing the program, agenda and reviewing submissions for inclusion.
ICC-CIM is designed to explore the clinical frontiers of a wellness-based healthcare system supported by individuals and teams practicing holistic, integrative medicine incorporating both complementary and conventional medical strategies. Its objectives are:
- To create an environment where science-informed best practices of holistic and integrative medicine utilizing both CAM and conventional modalities and disciplines can be shared and discussed;
- To explore sustainable clinical and financial models for an integrative patient centered wellness/medical home utilizing the above approach;
- To provide opportunities for clinicians of all types to experience and learn new approaches to the optimization of patients' health and the reversal and treatment of chronic disease.
Keynote speakers and plenary sessions at ICC-CIM will address relevant topics to support the creation of interprofessional patient centered care teams to optimize wellness and reduce the chronic disease burden. Areas of focus include a health futurist perspective on the evolving role of integrative medicine in the evolving healthcare environment; the use of computers and technology in integrative medicine; and sustainable models of cost effective interprofessional clinical care.
About the Consortium
The mission of the Consortium of Academic Health Centers for Integrative Medicine is to advance the principles and practices of integrative healthcare within academic institutions. The Consortium provides its institutional membership with a community of support for its academic missions and a collective voice for influencing change. Our membership currently includes 50 highly esteemed academic health centers and affiliate institutions.
Our mission is accomplished through:
- Supporting and mentoring academic leaders, faculty, and students to advance integrative healthcare curricula, research, and clinical care.
- Disseminating information on rigorous scientific research, educational curricula in integrative health, and sustainable models of clinical care.
- Informing health care policy.
As an organization, we are committed to sharing information and ideas, meeting challenges together in a process grounded by the values of integrative medicine, supporting member institutions, and providing a national voice for the advancement of integrative principles.
Click here to visit the Consortium's web site.